Barclay Farms is located in Camden, Delaware, one of the most picturesque areas of the state. Kent County has a rich history, just minutes from to ample shopping, antique stores, walking tours in colonial neighborhoods, Amish farmers markets, historic Dover, the Delaware Bay and beaches, the Rehoboth Outlet Mall and medical facilities.
While in this area, make sure you don’t miss:
* Dover, the state capital, boasts quaint shops, a long list of restaurants, and a rich history.
* The Dover Downs International Speedway, the sports and entertainment facility. Here, you can watch NASCAR races, horse racing, and live entertainment, to name just a few.
* The 2,000 slot machines at the Dover Downs casino.
* The gorgeous beaches and fishing spots along Delaware Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
* The Baltimore Inner harbor, just over an hour away.
* The Wilmington Grand Opera House, also nearby.
* The Cape May-Lewes ferry.
* Boating, fishing and a picnic at the picturesque Silver Lake, only five minutes away.
* Three public golf courses in Kent County, and four private courses in the area.
Fun facts about the area:
* Dover played a poignant role in the creation of the United States of America. Its pedigree stretches back to 1682.
* Dover’s town square, called “The Green,” is where residents voted to ratify the Constitution.
* Delaware was the first state in the nation.