Corona is first-rate living, with hundreds of acres of parks and open space and bustling businesses. The weather here is a warm Mediterranean climate, with mild winters (around 65 degrees) and hot summers (averaging in the low 90s). Corona has a rich history, spanning more than a century, and the residents are diverse and friendly.
Here are a few of the ways you can entertain yourself and enjoy your time in Corona:
* Music lovers: Check out the Fender Museum, in the Fender Center for the Performing Arts.
* Outdoor enthusiasts: China Hills State Park, 10 miles northwest of Corona, is a must-see, with endless options for camping, hiking, and horseback riding. Cleveland National Forest offers excellent hiking and mountain bike riding.
* Computer gamers will get a kick out of the Gamer’s Lounge, an Internet gaming center.
* There’s something active to do for everyone in Corona, from two skateparks to basketball courts to an outdoor pool to a recreational airport.
* Enjoy cultural and educational programs at the public library.
* Go shopping at the Crossings at South Corona (more than 65 major retailers, plus movie theaters and restaurants); the Promenade Shops at Dos Lagos (an open air mall); and Corona Hills Plaza and Marketplace (a big retail center in North Corona).
* Looking for a rush? Head over to the Pole Position Raceway, an indoor karting center where go-karts reach 45 miles per hour. Pole Position is known as “America’s No. 1 indoor go-kart track.”
* Cool down at Citrus Park, a water park with plenty of slides, gyms, pools, and watery fun.