Riverside/Jurupa Valley, is often the scene for filming Hollywood movies, and it’s no wonder why. The city is beautiful, historical, interesting, exciting, and it has it all: beaches, lakes, mountains, shopping districts, malls, recreational opportunities, bustling city life, rich arts and entertainment, a hopping nightlife, and incredible dining. Riverside/Jurupa Valley is a great place to live and raise your family.
The weather here is a mediterranean climate, with mild winters and hot summers that make Riverside a destination for visitors. You’ll enjoy the vacation-style weather, too -- only you won’t have to leave.
Here are a few of the local attractions that the Riverside/Jurupa Valley area offers:
* More than 52 parks spanning more than 2,700 acres.
* Many golf courses, like the Jurupa Hills Country Club.
* Designated wilderness areas, lakes, and botanical gardens throughout the city.
* Famous historic buildings, such as Mission Inn, the Riverside County Historic Courthouse, and the Riverside Fox Theater (where the first showing of “Gone with the Wind” took place in 1939).
* Quirky landmarks, such as the "World's Largest Paper Cup," more than 68 feet tall, in front of what used to be the Dixie Corporation.
* Exciting community events, such as the Riverside Festival of Lights, which includes a lighting ceremony, speakers, fireworks, musicians, and more than 3 millions lights and hundreds of animated characters.
* The annual Riverside Dickens Festival, a great family event that offers various literary events and activities, such as plays, musicals, workshops, exhibits, free entertainment, vendors and costumes.
* If you’re an art lover, check out the Riverside Art Museum, Division 9 Gallery, or March Field Air Museum, to name just a few of our great art opportunities.
* Want to watch a performance? Don’t miss a show by the California Riverside Ballet or the city’s eight other stage companies.
* Adam's Kart Track