Leesburg is ideally located in central Florida, surrounded by lakes and the Oklawaha River system. The city boasts a wide range of restaurants, entertainment, and shopping, balanced by an equal amount of pristine natural beauty. With an average year-round temperature of 71 degrees, the opportunities for outdoor recreation and relaxation are limitless. Residents here enjoy fishing, hunting, camping, swimming, horseback riding, hiking, and walking.
Leesburg is conveniently located near major highways in Lake County, with quick access to Florida’s most famous attractions and cities. The county itself offers a variety of events, such as an annual Mardi Gras party and parade, a bike fest, holiday celebrations, wine-stomping harvest, black bear festivals, and a fine arts festival, to just name a few.
Here are some more exciting activities unique to the Leesburg area:
* Fish the seven-mile-long Lake Griffin, the largest lake in Lake County. This lily-pad-covered lake offers great bass fishing, speck in the winter and panfish in the winter.
* Lake County is home to hundreds of waterways and more than 1,000 lakes and rivers, hence its name!
* Cruise along the scenic Dora Canal and you’ll probably see some alligators, raccoons, and plenty of bird-watching.
* Speaking of bird-watching, Lake County is a popular destination to discover more than 200 different types of birds.
* Less than an hour away, you can visit the Magic Kingdom and all of the glory of the world-famous Walt Disney World.
* Go shopping in Lake County, which is especially great for antiques hunting. Lake County boasts 117 acres of about 1,400 antiques dealers!
* History buffs will enjoy the area Civil War reenactments, art festivals, and Renaissance fairs.
* Want to challenge yourself? Sign up for some of the many fishing tournaments.
* Visit more than a dozen farmers where you can pick your own fresh fruits and vegetables, such as navels, tangelos, berries, and grapes.
* Go camping! Florida has more licensed campsites than any other state in the nation.