Shopping, Entertainment, and Attractions
Location is everything! It’s easy to take a trip to the Hanover Mall or Derby Street Shoppes to browse stores and restaurants. Other frequented stops include:
- Lower Union Street Historic District: Set your sights on this collection of preserved 18th century homes. It’s the perfect stop for history buffs.
- Rockland Memorial Library: Enjoy a mix of exhibits, art displays, and community activities.
- Rockland Senior Center: Drop by to socialize or participate in a variety of games and exercise classes.
Rockland offers its residents countless recreational opportunities. Whether you prefer to explore by bike, boat, or your own two feet – there are a range of outdoor venues available. Discover the area’s natural beauty one stop at a time:
- Accord Pond: This 100-acre reservoir is a popular spot for fishing and hiking fans.
- Ames Nowell State Park: The park offers hiking trails, fishing in the Cleveland Pond, and picnic areas perfect for lunch dates.
- Rockland Golf Course: As one of the longest Par 54 layouts in the nation, this course has something to offer golfers at every skill level.
- Wompatuck State Park: With over 12 miles of paved bicycle trails and 262 wooded campsites, this park provides the option to visit for a few hours or a few days.
Leisurewoods Rockland provides convenient access to grocery stores, banks, and public transportation outlets. Hop on the Pilgrims Highway to reach destinations near and far, or try the Brockton Area Transit Authority (BAT) for bus transportation throughout town. Traveling across the country or overseas is easy with Boston Logan International Airport only 40 minutes away.
For health and wellness, the following medical centers are within 10 minutes of our community:
- Dana Farber Cancer Center
- Signature Healthcare
- South Shore Hospital
Give us a call for more details!
In Their Words
"I have lived in Leisurewoods for over five years and have enjoyed it immensely."
- Lorraine A.