Rockland is a genuinely unique community, named after its dominating rocky terrain -- a side of Mother Nature you don’t get to witness that often. That also means ample outdoor recreational opportunities, with plenty to awe you. Rockland is situated off the south shore of Massachusetts, not far from Boston. The city itself offers great dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural options.
Here are a few of our favorite things to check out in the wonderful Rockland area:
* Several sparkling ponds, such as Accord Pond and Studleys Pond, as well as multiple brooks that wind through town.
* Beech Hill, just south of town.
* Beautiful parks, such as Paragon Park, and a small town forest.
* Guided bicycle tours and rentals through Urban AdvenTours Boston. We recommend the Art and Architecture tour, but if you’re looking for something more interactive, take the Photography Tour, designed to help you capture special moments.
* The Lower Union Street Historic District, which runs down southern Union Street from East Water to Market Streets.
* History buffs will enjoy visiting the different buildings that are on the National Register of Historic Places.
* Multiple golf courses, such as the Rockland Golf Course and Harmon Golf and Fitness Club.
* The Rockland Senior Center offers many activities and other ways to connect, including bingo games, a book club, exercise classes, a library, painting classes, shopping trips, movies, craft fairs, and dessert socials.
* The Rockland Memorial Library offers regular art displays, a book club, museum passes, and other exhibits.
* Fine dining and local restaurants, such as Bella's Italian Restaurant, Mike’s Pizza, Ninety Nine Restaurant, Tara-Jans Café and Marylou’s Coffee Shop, just to name a few.