The Rockland area offers plenty of things to do and sights to see. The best part is that most things are close by! And if you’re a big-city type, Boston is only 30 minutes away.
Shopping, Entertainment, and Attractions
There are several attractions, restaurants, and retail locations within 10 miles from the community, including the Hanover Mall and The Derby Shoppes.
- Fuller Craft Museum: This destination is known for its eclectic range of contemporary craft collections and pieces. The museum also hosts a variety of workshops, demonstrations, and special events.
- Rockland Memorial Library: Enjoy a mix of exhibits, art displays, and community activities.
- Rockland Senior Center: Drop by to socialize or participate in a variety of games and exercise classes, like yoga, computer classes, bingo and more.
Rockland, named after its dominating rocky terrain, is home to a uniquely beautiful landscape with several wonderful parks and outdoor activities to choose from.
- World’s End: Spend the day meandering through this 251-acre park. Explore the beautiful scenery while hiking, biking, or horseback riding.
- Ames Nowell State Park: The park offers hiking trails, fishing in the Cleveland Pond, and picnic areas perfect for lunch dates.
- Rockland Golf Course: As one of the longest Par 54 layouts in the nation, this course has something to offer golfers at every skill level.
- Wompatuck State Park: With over 12 miles of paved bicycle trails and 262 wooded campsites, this park provides the option to visit for a few hours or a few days.
Live Oaks Village provides convenient access to grocery stores, banks, and public transportation systems. For health and wellness, the following medical centers are within 10 minutes of our community:
- Dana Farber Cancer Center
- Signature Healthcare
- South Shore Hospital
Contact us today to learn more!
In Their Words
"Live Oaks Village is a small, private, and quaint community where your neighbors become your extended family."
- Cynthia L.