Shopping, Entertainment, and Attractions
Explore Attleboro’s historic, small-town charm! You’ll travel back in time when visiting the Attleboro Arts Museum, Attleboro Area Industrial Museum, or the Women at Work Museum—all within a 10-minute drive from our community.
Add these stops to your outings:
- Briggs Corner Pizzeria: Oakhill residents are regulars at this eatery. Drop by for a slice of pizza and socialize with neighbors.
- Emerald Square: Spend hours meandering through the 140 stores at this nearby retail center.
- The Colonel Blackinton Inn: Get a taste of fresh and local fare in this historic setting, dating back to the mid-19th century.
- National Shrine of our Lady of La Salette: The annual Festival of Lights attracts both locals and tourists for a magnificent Christmas lights display.
- Tex Barry’s Coney Island: This nostalgic establishment is known for its take on Coney Island hot dogs.
Attleboro’s natural beauty features serene forests, trails, rivers, and more. Venture into the great outdoors and check out these stops:
- Capron Park Zoo: Set your sights on a variety of animals from around the world. Kids and parents alike are sure to enjoy this fun-filled destination.
- Mass Audubon’s Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary: Within walking distance from Oakhill, this park includes trails through swamps, forests, and marshes.
- Slater Memorial Park: The kids will be entertained for hours with the farm animals, carousel, and ice cream parlor. Head here for an action-packed afternoon!
- Nickerson Walking Woods Preserve: This 48-acre park features half-mile Inner Loop and Outer Loop trails.
- L.G. Balfour Riverwalk: Take the family to the playground, serve up a game of volleyball, or browse through the on-site memorial monuments.
Oakhill offers easy access to grocery stores, banks, and hospitals. For local public transportation, the Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) provides bus transit throughout the town.
Attleboro is also home to several schools. The following elementary, middle, and high schools are within 10 minutes of our community!
- Hyman Fine Elementary School
- Wamsutta Middle School
- Attleboro High School
Give us a call for more details.
In Their Words
"It's so good to live in a community which is well-kept and well-managed. You go to your mailbox and there's usually a neighbor to say hello."
- Carole K.