Meaning “beautiful view,” Chula Vista certainly lives up to the name. Situated between the coastline and mountain, Bayscene allows you to have the best of both worlds. Plus, the city is located just minutes from the border.
While Chula Vista offers an escape from the hustle and bustle, you’re never too far from the excitement. Both San Diego and Coronado are close by, and since major highways are only five minutes away, you can visit any time you want. Don’t feel like driving? You don’t have to! Trolleys and buses are within walking distance for all your local transportation needs.
Outdoor Activities and Shopping
Chula Vista has a wide range of outdoor recreation and shopping options, perfect for active or relaxed lifestyles. Be sure to check out these fun activities:
- Silver Strand State Beach: Catch some rays and waves with the whole family, only 20 minutes away.
- Bayside Park: Enjoy all that nature has to offer like paved walking trails, a fishing pier, and picnic tables without having to go too far from the comfort of your home.
- San Diego Adventures: Get active with all your favorite outdoor activities, like Paddle boarding, jet skiing, and tours, at this nearby adventure center located only 20 minutes away.
- Chula Vista Center: Find everything you need at this premier shopping center with more than 50 stores, a short six-minute drive away.
- Terra Nova Plaza: Shop and dine to your heart’s content at Terra Nova Plaza, only 10 minutes from our community.
Attractions and Events
- Living Coast Discovery Center: Learn about the local sea and wildlife at this hands-on, one-of-a-kind experience, only 10 minutes from home.
- Stein Family Farm: Discover history at this immersive living museum, complete with a Victorian farmhouse and 100+ year-old barn.
- Brewery Tours of San Diego: See the town in a fresh light as you experience several of the local breweries. Maybe you’ll find a new favorite beer!
- Movies in the Park: Take the family out for a night of free fun as you enjoy your cinematic favorite in the outdoors regularly throughout the summer.
- Bon Appétit Food and Wine Festival: Support the Chula Vista Public Library Foundation as they host this annual fundraising festival held every April.
At Bayscene, you’re never far from necessities and conveniences. Find everything you need in Chula Vista, including schools within walking distance and a plethora of grocery stores – both big chains and locally owned – less than 10 minutes away. You can also have peace of mind knowing Scripp’s Mercy Hospital is only eight minutes away.
Contact us today to learn more!
Local Information / Providers
Cable & Internet: DirecTV
Cable, Phone, & Internet: AT&T
Cable, Phone, & Internet: Cox Communications
Gas & Electric: SDG&E
Post Office: United States Postal Service
750 3rd Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Town Government: Superior Court South County
500 3rd Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Waste Management: Republic Services
2590 Main St, Chula Vista